Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance (FWWA) is requesting proposals for aquatic vegetation point-intercept (PI) surveys of all four Winnebago Lakes (Poygan, Winneconne, Butte des Morts, and Winnebago) from qualified Subcontractors.
The Winnebago Waterways Program (WWP), with the help of project partners, is developing a comprehensive lake management plan for the Winnebago Lakes (Winnebago, Poygan, Winneconne, and Butte des Morts). The four lakes collectively known as the Winnebago Lakes cover 167,000 acres, span four Wisconsin counties, and compose 17% of Wisconsin’s surface water area. Aquatic plant management is an important component of any lake management plan. To ensure accuracy in management recommendations and enable long-term trend monitoring, FWWA is seeking proposals for aquatic vegetation point-intercept surveys and mapping of the outer edge (aerial extent) of various plant communities (emergent, floating leaf, etc.) for all four of the lakes. The surveys will occur during the 2018 peak growing season (July-August). Please note: This project is contingent upon receiving funding assistance from 2018 Wisconsin DNR Surface Water Grants.
Deadline for Submissions: 11:59pm on November 29th, 2017
Project tasks to be included in proposals:
- Conduct an aquatic plant survey, using Wisconsin Department of Natural Resource protocols, during the active growing season (July-August) to assess the distribution and abundance of aquatic plants in all four of the Winnebago Lakes.
- Map the aerial extent of various aquatic plant communities (emergent, floating leaf, etc.) in all four of the Winnebago Lakes.
- Provide reports, including maps, as required.
- Attend meetings to present and discuss findings. Provide project updates as needed.
- Submit data to Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance and the Wisconsin Department of Natural Resources SWIMS database.
CLICK HERE to download the full RFP
Questions? Please contact Korin Doering, Winnebago Waterways Program Coordinator, Fox-Wolf Watershed Alliance, (920) 851-0948 or email@example.com.